Recently we were invited to an information session to learn more about Probiotics, and how BioGaia® products can help adults and children achieve a healthy gut. The event was hosted by health professional Bryce Wylde whom I met before and attended his educational seminars. He specializes in homeopathy, clinical nutrition, supplementation, and botanical medicine. Julie Daniluk, the nutritionist and co-host of reality cooking show Healthy Gourmet (Oprah Winfrey Network), and in-house nutritionist on the Marilyn Denis Show (CTV) joined us to share her knowledge about food choices, health and presented her delicious recipes.
Everything starts with food choices we make every single day. Our gut flora changes depending on what we consume. If food is rich in sugar and low in fibre, we lose the balance between good and bad bacteria in out guts. While the importance of antibiotic is out of question, right now it is definitely #1 killer of probiotics. It takes from 12 to 24 month to get your digestive system back on track, that’s why the taking probiotics is so important. The demand in probiotics grows every year as the balance in the digestive system means strong immune system, healthy body, less stress, allergy and skin problems.
What you can do to improve, preserve and help children achieve a healthy gut:
- Learn your body, remove food from your diet that cause constipation and an allergic response
- Get more good bacteria from fermented food like beans, fruts, grains (legumes), milk (kefir, cheese, probiotic yogurt) vegetable (kimchi, sauerkraut), pickles.
- Add some prebiotic food, our gut flora need to eat and grow with us, so eating more fibre helps good bacteria grow
- Born via C-section baby needs to be introduced to probiotics since she/he did not pass by the mother’s beneficial flora to strengthen little body immune system
- Freshly squeezed vegetable juices bring mineral content for the body band preserve & enhanced vit C and vitamin D
- Number of microorganisms does not make bacteria probiotic
- Add natural probiotics like BioGaia to the diet
- Stress and anxieanty is not only adult problem, children require digestive tract treatment, probiotics and fibre
BioGaia products available in Canada in two formats: Probiotic Drops and Probiotic Sugar-Free Chewable Tablets. Both contain the exclusive probiotic L. reuteri Protectis. This special probiotic naturally colonizes the digestive tract. It is even found in the milk of breastfeeding mothers. In fact, it is among the first bacterial species to become naturally established in the normal flora of babies.
L. reuteri Protectis is one of the most well-researched probiotics in the world, especially in children. BioGaia® products:
- Are 100% natural
- Do not contain alcohol
- Do not contain preservatives
- Do not contain sugar
We tried both Probiotic Drops and Probiotic Sugar-Free Chewable Tablets. I think that drops are perfect for little babies because you can add them to any drink. Elder children of Teddy's age like Chewable Tablets more. Teddy gets sick few times a year especially during fall and winter seasons with flu and cold, and last time his temperature was so high that the doctor gave him antibiotics to take and then probiotics to keep the balance in the digestive tract. Kids are getting sick very often especially with upset stomach, it is always good to have reliable products to support our children body and keep them healthy.
If you like to learn more about the presentation please check it on-line. BioGaia® is available at most pharmacies and natural health stores across Canada. You can always check with health professionals and learn more about BioGaia at http://biogaia.ca/
Thanks to BioGaia® we are happy to host a giveaway and give a chance one of our Canadian readers to win Probiotic Drops or Probiotic Sugar-Free Chewable Tablets (winner’s choice). The giveaway ends November 5, 2015.
a Rafflecopter giveaway