They are launching the campaign with a Koyczan poetic creation, “A Poem for a Toxin-Free Generation”, check it out:
This inspiring message to all of us to be responsible for the future of our planet, where simple actions can lead us to a Toxin-Free world.
Seventh Generation and Shane Koyczan presented Seven Simple Tips to Live Life More Toxin Free, most of them quite easy to follow but the impact is significant:
1. Once a week, open all the windows in your house for five minutes. No matter the season, open all the windows in your house for at least five minutes once a week to release the vapors and bring in the fresh air.
2. Avoid recycling receipts.
They may look like paper and feel like paper, but they shouldn't be recycled like paper. They could contain BPA (Bisphenol A) that will contaminate the other recyclables in the mix. Either throw receipts into the trash or go paperless to avoid them all together.
3. Use glass containers for lunches and food storage.
4. Choose a good, old-fashioned mug for your morning coffee.
Grinding trees into pulp, compressing them into paper and then chucking them into landfills after just one use seems, to put it mildly, inhumane. Consider switching to a reusable cup or mug.
5. Your nose knows; trust it.
If something gives off a scent that makes you cringe, it’s probably a good sign to step away. More likely than not, you’re smelling a Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) and the less of those you inhale, the better.
6. Get a plant and improve your indoor air quality.
Plants like what you exhale, you like what they exhale. Symbiosis. It’s a win-win.
7. Beware: “unscented” is not the same as “fragrance-free.”
Check www.seventhgeneration.ca/toxinfree to find out how to join Koyczan and Seventh Generation in the Campaign for a Toxin-Free Generation.