This week-end Marvel presented new movie "Doctor Strange" based on famous Marvel comics Doctor Stephen Strange, the Master of the Mystic. The movie follows world-famous successful neurosurgeon Dr. Stephen Strange, whose life changes forever after a car accident which makes him unable to work with hands as before. When traditional medicine fails him, he is forced to look for healing, and hope, in an unlikely place—a mysterious place known as Kamar-Taj. Dr. Strange skeptical attitude and ability to learn fast helps him to move forward and more questions in regards his healing. He quickly learns that this is not just a center for healing but also the front line of a battle against unseen dark forces bent on destroying our reality. Before long Strange—armed with newly acquired magical powers—is forced to choose whether to return to his life of fortune and status or leave it all behind to defend the world as the most powerful sorcerer in existence. I think they decided to choose Dr. Strange to save the world because initially in is in doctors nature to hep and save people, find the ways to do it better, react fast and work as a team. There is also another dcotor in the movie played by Rachel McAdams as Dr. Palmer. She is Dr.Strange ex-girlfriend and still ready to help Strange in any downfalls he experiences. You can see that Dr. Strange still has feelings for her, I think after the accident he starts appreciate and cherish the life he had before.
There are the whole mix of real and surreal things absolutely stunning. I had great experience watching the effects and movements along with fights and transformations thanks to 3D features and IMAX. And feeling dizzy at first when watching how Dr Strange works in the operation room. I also enjoyed the abilities of Dr. Strange and Kamar-Taj teachers and buddies to transform and teleport in various dimensions. Dr. Strange enemies are strong and powerful, but he uses his knowledge and wit to make it go his way. There are also many losses and betrayals, same as in real battles.
Here are some interesting facts in regard the movie shooting:
- Steve Ditko’s comic book art influenced the environments that were created for the film.
- When you watch the movie, you will notice that geometric patterns are present within the majority of sets.
- Dr. Stephen Strange, Benedict Cumberbatch spent time with neurosurgeons, and the director, DP and production designer all visited New York City operating rooms and emergency rooms to guide them towards the lighting and textures they would need to create a realistic hospital environment onscreen.
- Marvel’s "Doctor Strange" was shot in London, New York, Kathmandu (Nepal) and Hong Kong.
- Doctor Strange’s car in the film is a Lamborghini, which he drives when he is a surgeon. Six Lamborghinis were required for filming.
- The Hong Kong street scenes, one of the most challenging action sequences ever undertaken by Marvel Studios, were shot in several stages of destruction, commencing with clean and gradually becoming destroyed. This is the opposite of how it will be shown on screen, as it goes from destroyed to clean. This meant everything had to be aged down, from shop signs to vehicles. To help create the destruction, 350 tons of real rubble was used.
"Doctor Strange" is now playing in theaters across Canada, I highly recommend to see in 3D IMAX, you can get unforgettable experience and get ready laugh, there are some pretty interesting jokes to hear. And last thing the movie rated PG-13 so it may be not good idea to take young children to the movie.