The event will be set up via online chat where families can ask questions in real time. It is a great opportunity to talk to knowledgeable and experienced doctors and get answers right on the spot.
DID YOU KNOW?
If defibrillation is administered within one minute of collapse, the survival rate for sudden heart failure goes up 90 percent. “Timing is key to survival. Waiting even 10 minutes to defibrillate drops the chances of survival to 10 percent,” says John Lynn Jefferies, MD.
Additional Facts: Top 5 risk factors for sudden heart failure in student athletes:
1. Family history of sudden death.
2. Fainting or family history of fainting.
3. Family history of arrhythmias or heart muscle disease.
4. Participation in sports (particularly sports that require a burst of activity like basketball, hockey and football).
5. Athlete has gone through puberty (an athlete’s body is stronger at this point and has power during the burst of activity).
The Q and A takes place TOMORROW April 9th from 7:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. EST.
RSVP Here : http://liveevent.cincinnatichildrensblog.org/events/heart-failure-athletes
You can join anonymously by creating an unidentifiable username when you submit your questions during the event.